Sunday 26 October 2014

Batik

Last day i had a second experience colouring the batik at Pasar seni. There, you will be impressed by the various kind of art-work such as oil painting, Chinese drawings, potrait drawing- what have you, just name it. 

Okay, What is batik? It is actually one of the famous and beautiful art work prouduced by the people of Malay Archipelago. It is wore by people for ages as their casual attires. Batik is made up by drawing the pattern using wax-dyeing method on cloth and thus the various colours will not mix up. Usually the artist draws the motive of flora as it is the close reference for them. Most of the batik collection that I have are having flowers, leaves as their main pattern, followed by the abstract design.

The famous and giant factory of batik in Malaysia, located in Terengganu, called as Noor Arfa Batik. -near to my home and yet i have never being there, perhaps this semester break i will. But nowadays, I can see how the people evolving as now the designer has expand the function of batik not just only as sarong but also can make it as a shirt, trousers, pyjama. bags, table-cloth  et cetera. For me,  be a Terengganu girl, i feel really confortable wearing batik even the other girls might say I am not up-to-date or having bad taste in choosing clothes, but my culture tradition should be preserved and it is nice though! :) Look at my hijab- colourful like batik pattern! Right?  Beautiful-for sure lah!


My friend and me and also my younger brother (holding a phone) at Pasar Seni. Giving them chance to experience it. -I think I was the one who grabbing that 'chance' too much. :)


Now i am wondering to make DIY batik, using the simple items. Hmm, I will think about it later after all my assignments done!

Want to try? Find this Batik center at Pasar seni, Kuala Lumpur. The cost for above size is Rm20 and quite smaller that it, R,m15. It is worth! You can colour it and bring it back to home.. Put it onto nice frame and hang it on the wall. Happy trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment